Galactic Power Wizards Galactic Power Wizards

Length, 3
Voice acting, a cringe worthy 2
-------------------------------
Total average: 3 Stars

Anything that's worth doing, is worth doing right, and your length is not right at all.
Many new animators make the mistake of wanting to "put something out there" as quickly as possible, so they rush to finish their projects, and we get things like this very short animation.

I don't know how long it actually was(I didn't count) but it felt to be around 30 seconds.
Now, I'm not saying all animation NEED to be long to be good, but I'm saying that in your particular case, a lengthier animation was necessary.

There was no exposition, no plot, no resolution, no climax, and no punchline.
The only characters that seemed likable in this case, where the seals.
If you plan on making more of these, here's a couple goals you can work towards.

2-4 Minute animation. This will give you enough time to provide an actual story, and an actual climax/punchline.

Find, and colab with, another voice actor. I'm not saying the voice acting here was particularly bad, but both wizards sound the same, that's a big no-no. You could at-least try to use a difference voice register for each one.

Your animation is fluid, and your art style is... well... your own. Not particularly good, but also not bad. Keep practicing.

I won't criticize your comedy, because that's a matter of personal taste. However, seals slapping men is under no circumstance, 'a good punch line'.

TL;DR: Don't rush to upload an animation within a month of starting. A good animation can take more than 6 months to make! Don't publish something, until you are absolutely SURE that it is done.
Show it to your friends and family before you finish, and listen to their opinions, and make edits accordingly.

Anyway, hope to see more of you in the future.

DBZ - Proctology Academy DBZ - Proctology Academy

Is this in any way inspired by Dr. Goku's show(consultorio del Dr. Goku), by Raul Barrera? Or is there more than 1 person who would like Vegeta to be a proctologist.

Dreaming High Dreaming High

I remember when people would freak out over a 3000kb submision. I wonder how many brix would be shat over THIS entry. Haha.

But anyway, a very nice, fluid, animation.
I don't know you, but the entire thing felt really intimate, if you where going for something a bit more "you", you've succeeded.

The music was perfect as-well, thank you for showing it to me, I've hadn't heard it before.

Rebound Rebound

You're putting me off Construct 2.
The concept of the game is nice, however the controls are counter-intuitive, the UI is bulky and unappealing, and the art-work is very very basic.
The game could have definitely used more work before being published, but I guess it's nice seeing more people play with HTML5.

Hollow Rings Hollow Rings

I...

I do like it.

Really enjoyed playing it.

Some scary music would really help set a nice mood for this game.
The background was too.. empty.
Put something in there.

Very good 'avoid' game, but too damn simple.

You said you didn't expect it to be popular, but it could be with a few more hours of work.

Jump Master Jump Master

Bravo

Looking back from the first flash you submitted, and I reviewed, I can tell that you have really improved.
Still not perfect, or even good enough, but I can tell you are really trying to improve.
This I applaud.

I can see you used random movement on the music signs in the background, that is very good.

I like how you made the camera follow you.
You should read more tutorials on making platformers, since I felt it needed to be more fluid. I don't like the way the player warps from one platform to another.

I saw some good use of variables to control things like speed, and jump height(jumping is a difficult thing to do in AS3, good job) from level to level, but I would like to see you changing these variables from WITHING the levels.
For example, put pickup items such as health, or running shoes, to make the player faster.
The background bad.
It looks like oval objects with a full palate gradient.
Try to do the same thing, but don't use the gray outline or border for the circles, just the gradient.
That should make it look better, though ideally you want to make a bunch of empty objects that randomly change colors. But that is a bit hard, so this is good for now.

Another bad mistake I noticed was that the music ends, and does not loop.

The music should look for as long as the player plays, it got a bit boring after the song ended in level 3, and I had to play the rest of the game in silence.

Try to see if you can make the obstacles move to the beat of the song, or use something like the winamp visualizer flash API to make the obstacles, or background, move to the beat of the song. Much like in the newgrounds audio portal.
Here is a site that can really of help you with that:
http://www.communitymx.com/content/ar ticle.cfm?cid=8E9A0
(I hope I can post link)

Another thing you can do is try to get music from the newgrounds audio portal to stream into your game(I think NG has an API for that, or I might be mistaken).
I don't really like the song you picked, which is why I think it would be nice to be able to pick our own song.

Just some ideas for your next project.

Like I've said before, keep practicing and practicing, you ARE improving.

Can't wait to see what you do next.

dangoval95 responds:

Thanks so much, i'll get to work!

[BN] - Desert City Ruin [BN] - Desert City Ruin

I felt as though I was alone.
Sitting in the minute, oasis of my own thought. It dried as I continued existing.

Desert city, indeed.

2 entire contributions this year? For the sake of humanity, keep working hard to deliver salvation unto our ears more often.

Kakariko village ( HE ) Kakariko village ( HE )

Do you honestly need our reviews anymore?

This is as great and grand as any of your other excellent renditions.

The feeling you give to one of the most overdone soundtracks in the history of video-games is quite simply glorious.

It doesn't matter whether you play Kakario Village, or Bolero of Fire, or even Zelda's Lullaby, you always hit the nail right in the head.

Honestly, orchestra has always been the way to listen to Zelda.

Your renditions will live on along with the legend.

Lonely Bard's Story Lonely Bard's Story

Dear lord that was truly something!
LadyArsenic has a unique voice that went perfect with this melody.
Your additions to the original do not go unnoticed, yet they do not feel like additions at all, it's as if this is the way the original was supposed to be all along.

Anyway, thank-you both for the latest addition to my MP3's infinite playlist.

MaestroRage responds:

Thanks Druidtton! When I heard this track I heard these layers that could exist and they clicked right away without any type of struggling. That's one of the things I most enjoy about LA's work. It lends itself to expansion (while not necessary).

I'm glad you enjoyed the tracks and thanks again for the review!

The forgotten one The forgotten one

Haha, of all the things in the art portal this connected with me the most. Look at that beaten up old hero.

Fracture Fracture

Co-creator of Batman hates bronies, purged,and TARBOY!

You, sir, do nothing but art!
How have you not been scouted already?
You really should upload more to the art portal xD

Urban Myth Cover Urban Myth Cover

As with poisonheart, if this were a real comic, I would totally read it, provided the plot revolves around the cool looking half wire-frame half apparently cyborg dude. I'd totally do anything he tells me to. Just saying.