[BN] - Desert City Ruin [BN] - Desert City Ruin

I felt as though I was alone.
Sitting in the minute, oasis of my own thought. It dried as I continued existing.

Desert city, indeed.

2 entire contributions this year? For the sake of humanity, keep working hard to deliver salvation unto our ears more often.

Kakariko village ( HE ) Kakariko village ( HE )

Do you honestly need our reviews anymore?

This is as great and grand as any of your other excellent renditions.

The feeling you give to one of the most overdone soundtracks in the history of video-games is quite simply glorious.

It doesn't matter whether you play Kakario Village, or Bolero of Fire, or even Zelda's Lullaby, you always hit the nail right in the head.

Honestly, orchestra has always been the way to listen to Zelda.

Your renditions will live on along with the legend.

Lonely Bard's Story Lonely Bard's Story

Dear lord that was truly something!
LadyArsenic has a unique voice that went perfect with this melody.
Your additions to the original do not go unnoticed, yet they do not feel like additions at all, it's as if this is the way the original was supposed to be all along.

Anyway, thank-you both for the latest addition to my MP3's infinite playlist.

MaestroRage responds:

Thanks Druidtton! When I heard this track I heard these layers that could exist and they clicked right away without any type of struggling. That's one of the things I most enjoy about LA's work. It lends itself to expansion (while not necessary).

I'm glad you enjoyed the tracks and thanks again for the review!

Fairy's Fountain Loop Fairy's Fountain Loop

VGSongbird responds:

^_^ Lol
Thank you.

Ballad of the Windfish Ballad of the Windfish

Complete and absolute bliss.
A living memory, always vigilant, always faithful, ever-strong and free.
That pretty much describes all that is the Ballad of the Windfish.

I have heard many-a great renditions of this, my favorite Legend of Zelda, song.
But none have ever managed to fully capture and en-capsule all the meaning.
They joy and pain that is hidden withing the original, 8 second, loop.

Amazing how 2 minutes of bliss can make up for 23 hours and 58 minutes of boredom and stress.

VGSongbird responds:

lol Well I'm very happy to read this. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. :D

Sincerity Of Obscurity - 8 Sincerity Of Obscurity - 8

Allow me to congratulate you on your overwhelming achievement.
You have done 2 amazing things today.

1. This was the very first thing I listened to after the Newgrounds redesign. Never before have I felt absolute euphoria from blankly staring at a website.

2. I have played this in a crowded room filled with sleeping people at full volume on gigantic speakers.
Not one individual woke, no one made a sound.
In fact, on of the people stopped snoring. This is proof that the brain recognizes beauty instinctively, even in sleep.

Now If I could just find the download button, it would complete this more-than-perfect experience.
Ah, there we go.

*Joy, absolute, ethereal, joy*

Insanctuary responds:

Where did you guys come from? :P

The second achievement is rather interesting. That made me smile. :D

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

-=Sam's Song=- -=Sam's Song=-

Um.. Alo...

I must write a review, because I just noticed I was on facebook for over an hour, and this song was playing without me noticing.

This is significant because:

1. I hate Facebook, and any other social networking site for that matter.
2. I was headbanging the entire time, and now my neck hurts.

Whatever you have done with this song, you have done it just right.

They claim perfection is not posible in this world, this song could make a hell of an argument against that.
Awesome job, feel proud.

viewtifulday responds:

I do feel proud, actually :D Thank you so much for the review!

[SB] Lateralus [SB] Lateralus

I understand

I understand why YoDoubeGabba would be mad.
Yes, it is true that this does not sound like a song tool would play, yes it is true that this remix will never be as good as the original, yes its true that the repetitiveness in this remix can be understood as 'boring'.

But then I say to myself, "Is this not then the point of a remix? If not to express your understanding of a song, then for what?".

The first time I listened to Tool I was surprised anyone could like Tool at all!
I would listen to 10,000 days, wings for Marie, lateralus, flood, I would do that thing where you put 10kdays, wings for Marie, and viginti tres together and listen to the result but all I would feel was boredom!
The songs where repetitive, the lyrics seemed to be copypasted, Maynard's voice seemed out of tune and imperfect!
It wasn't until a few years later that the band's true genius hit me.
Now songs that seemed repetitive seemed poetic, the lyrics that seemed copypasted now seemed full of dept, no longer a copy of one another, but a chant, a chorus, the singer's imperfect voice no longer seemed out of tune, but rather in perfect tune and harmony with the world! With it self! Music that seemed abstract and nonsensical was now a Fibonacci, a golden mean!

I learnt then no to judge a book by its cover, or its first page, or its first 10,000 pages.
I learnt to listen carefully, to review, to give a chance, and to appreciate something for what it truly was.

That is why I say that I appreciate this remix for what it is, and even if I don't fully like it I can tell you one thing:
It kept me listening while I wrote the above 1000 words.

I've said.

Haru Song Haru Song

Amazing

How are you able to make mumbo jumbo sound SO FREAKING GOOD!?

Enya should recruit you.

A Grave Intensity A Grave Intensity

I...

was promised something intense.

I just wasn't expecting something quite so intense.

I jumped off the roof after listening to this(Don't worry it's only a 2 story house.)

dietsnapple135 responds:

I hope breaking your legs was.....intense